Ontario is re-opening and expanding one of its Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) streams (in-demand skills stream). The in-demand skills stream is currently closed but will re-open on July 6, 2020. As of July 06, job offer from 13 additional positions located outside of the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) will be accepted under the program. The purpose of the stream is to enhance responsiveness to program priorities and address labour shortages in specific in-demand occupations (e.g. agriculture, construction, trucking, and other low-to-semi-skilled NOC C or D occupations). This stream is open to foreign workers in and outside of Canada.
Candidate must have a full-time and permanent job offer (i.e. a minimum of 1,560 hours in a year and no end date of the position). The job offer must be in an eligible occupation inside or outside of the GTA.
Eligible Occupation(s): The job offer must fall under following National Occupation Classification (NOC) skill level C or D codes:
- NOC 3413 – nurse aides, orderlies, and patient service associates
- NOC 4412 – home support workers and related occupations, excluding housekeepers
- NOC 7441 – residential and commercial installers and servicers
- NOC 7511 – transport truck drivers
- NOC 7521 – heavy equipment operators (except crane)
- NOC 7611 – construction trades helpers and labourers
- NOC 8431 – general farm workers
- NOC 8432 – nursery and greenhouse workers
- NOC 8611 – harvesting labourers
- NOC 9462 – industrial butchers and meat cutters, poultry preparers and related workers
Expanded occupations: As of July 6, a job offers under the following 13 NOC codes (also levels C or D) will be valid for this stream:
- NOC 9411 – machine operators, mineral and metal processing
- NOC 9416 – metalworking and forging machine operators
- NOC 9417 – machining tool operators
- NOC 9418 – other metal products machine operators
- NOC 9421 – chemical plant machine operators
- NOC 9422 – plastics processing machine operators
- NOC 9437 – woodworking machine operators
- NOC 9446 – industrial sewing machine operators
- NOC 9461 – process control and machine operators, food, beverage and associated products processing
- NOC 9523 – electronics assemblers, fabricators, inspectors, and testers
- NOC 9526 – mechanical assemblers and inspectors
- NOC 9536 – industrial painters, coaters, and metal finishing process operators
- NOC 9537 – other products assemblers, finishers, and inspectors
The wage/salary of the job offer must be equal or higher than the median wage level, for that occupation, in the specific region of Ontario where the worker is/will be working.
Candidate must have at least 9 months of cumulative paid full-time work experience (or the equivalent in part-time work) in Ontario, in the same in-demand occupation (same NOC code) as the job offer. The candidate must have gained this work experience within the three years prior to submitting the application while legally living and working in Ontario.
The candidate must be able to understand, read, write and speak either English or French at a Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) level 4 or higher.
The candidate must have a Canadian secondary school (high school) diploma or credential, or its equivalent in another country. The candidate need to get an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) for overseas education from one of the following organizations, designated by IRCC:
- Comparative Education Service – University of Toronto School of Continuing Studies
- International Credential Assessment Service of Canada
- International Credential Evaluation Service
- International Qualifications Assessment Service
- World Education Services
Contact us for consultation and assessment.