However, Canada’s Immigration policies have strengthened the country’s economic standing over the years as 75% of Canada’s population growth comes from immigration, mostly in economic category and about 6 in 10 immigrants bring positive economic impact. Economy can be grown by growth in labour force and second using the labour force productively.
Canada will accept applications for permanent residency and will continue to welcome candidates to submit their Express Entry profiles. Express Entry draws will be held and invitations to apply for permanent residence will be sent despite coronavirus outbreak.
April 09, 2020, IRCC issued a total of 3,294 invitations to apply for Canadian permanent residence with 464 lowest CRS score. This was fourth consecutive program specific draw which is rare exceptions to the rules of Express Entry rounds of invitations.
The Canadian Experience Class is for skilled workers who have Canadian work experience and want to become permanent residents. Having obtained work experience in Canada, these individuals have already settled into Canadian society and established important networks in their communities and their careers.
To qualify under this program, the applicant must:
- Have at least one year of skilled full-time or equivalent work experience in Canada, in the last 3 years before you apply.
- Get a minimum language level of CLB 7 for NOC 0 or A jobs and, CLB 5 for NOC B jobs.
- Self-employment and work experience gained while you were a full-time student (such as a co-op work term) doesn’t count under this program.
- There is no education requirement for the Canadian Experience Class. However, applicant will be awarded points in their Express Entry pool, if they have earned a Canadian educational or have Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) for a foreign education.
- Applicants can remain in Canada throughout the application process. However, the Canadian Experience Class is also open to individuals who are no longer in Canada, provided that they submit their application within three years of leaving their job in Canada.
- The requirements of Canadian Experience Class are based on a pass or fail model. If the minimum requirements are met, the applicant is eligible to enter the Express Entry pool.
- The applicant is not required to have at least 67 points based on Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada’s (IRCC) immigration selection factors.
- The applicants must plan to reside outside the province of Quebec. The province of Quebec selects its own skilled workers through a unique immigration system.
Contact us for assessment and more information