However, Canada’s Immigration policies have strengthened the country’s economic standing over the years as 75% of Canada’s population growth comes from immigration, mostly in economic category and about 6 in 10 immigrants bring positive economic impact. Economy can be grown by growth in labour force and second using the labour force productively.
Canada will accept applications for permanent residency and will continue to welcome candidates to submit their Express Entry profiles. Express Entry draws will be held and invitations to apply for permanent residence will be sent despite coronavirus outbreak.
A total of 3,371 candidates were invited to apply for Canadian permanent residence in the Express Entry draw which took place on May 14, 2020. The cut-off CRS score in this draw was 447 which is the lowest score recorded in this year so far since January 2020. Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) has now issued a total of 38,200 Invitations to Apply (ITA’s) in 2020 through the Express Entry system.The Canadian Experience Class is for skilled workers who have Canadian work experience and want to become permanent residents. Having obtained work experience in Canada, these individuals have already settled into Canadian society and established important networks in their communities and their careers. Minimum requirements
- Important Points
- Self-employment and work experience gained while you were a full-time student (such as a co-op work term) doesn’t count under this program.
- There is no education requirement for the Canadian Experience Class. However, applicant will be awarded points in their Express Entry pool, if they have earned a Canadian educational or have Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) for a foreign education.
- Applicants can remain in Canada throughout the application process. However, the Canadian Experience Class is also open to individuals who are no longer in Canada, provided that they submit their application within three years of leaving their job in Canada.
- The requirements of Canadian Experience Class are based on a pass or fail model. If the minimum requirements are met, the applicant is eligible to enter the Express Entry pool.
- The applicant is not required to have at least 67 points based on Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada’s (IRCC) immigration selection factors.
- The applicants must plan to reside outside the province of Quebec. The province of Quebec selects its own skilled workers through a unique immigration system.
Need help staying in Canada!
The COVID-19 pandemic has led to challenging times in Canada and around the world. Many people are under distress and anxiety. We understand! Can-X is here to help you figure it out, so you can have peace of mind. You could be an international student, worker, or visitor looking to extend your stay in Canada. You may be seeking a pathway to permanent immigration. Or you may be looking to reunite with a loved one. Whatever the reason, contact us to discuss your immigration needs, and we’ll provide our insights and help as much as we can during these difficult times.