• + 1 778-564-3555

Important Links

Important Links

Important Links

Check your application status 

This on-line service allows Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) clients to view securely the status of their immigration and/or citizenship application(s) on-line, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week: anytime, anywhere. You may use this service if you have:

  • Sponsored a member of the family class.
  • Applied for permanent residence from within or outside Canada.
  • Applied for a permanent resident card.
  • Applied for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship).
  • Applied for Canadian citizenship for a person adopted by a Canadian citizen.
  • Applied for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship).
  • Applied to renounce Canadian citizenship.
  • Applied to resume Canadian citizenship.
Check application processing times

Your processing time starts the day IRCC receive your complete application and ends when they make a decision. This processing time only applies to the federal part of the processing (at the visa office) once IRCC have received the complete applications. It does not include the time it takes for the province or territory to process the nomination certificate.

If it has been longer than the normal processing times, you contact IRCC using the Web form.
Find Forms & Guides

You can find an IRCC application package and/or guides for your application.

IRCC Fee List

You need to pay a fee for most of our applications. You can find information on fees in this link.

Pay Application Fee

You can pay your fees in different ways depending on the fee type and where you are paying from.

Find Offices, Embassies & Consulates

You can find visa processing offices, embassies, consulates outside Canada and IRCC offices inside Canada.

Educational Credential Assessment (ECA)

An Educational credential assessment (ECA) is used to verify that your foreign degree, diploma, or certificate (or other proof of your credential) is valid and equal to a Canadian one. There are different types of ECAs. You need to get an ECA for immigration purposes. If you got another type of ECA, you may be able to get it re-issued, depending on the type of ECA and/or issuing organization. You must include your ECA report and the reference number in your Express Entry profile.

Operational Instructions and Guidelines

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) and Canada Border Services Agency employees consult operational bulletins (OBs) and manuals for guidance in the exercise of their functions and in applying the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, the Citizenship Act and their Regulations.

Statistics and Open Data

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada’s statistical publications provide information on permanent and temporary residents as well as immigration and citizenship programs. You can search the Government of Canada’s Open Government Portal to find statistical information from immigration and citizenship programs. 

To submit a request for data, please email the [email protected] mailbox with a detailed description of your requested report.

IRCC Webform

You may use this form if:

  • You have submitted an application or profile.
  • Your application has exceeded normal processing times. We will not respond to your enquiry if the application is within normal processing times.
  • You wish to report important changes, such as a change in contact information, births, deaths, marriages, divorces, adoptions, changes in employment, withdrawal of application, refund request, or urgent requests.
  • You wish to add, change, or cancel a representative and you are ready to upload your Use of Representative Form (IMM5476) or you authorize IRCC to release information from your case file and you are ready to upload your Authority to Release Personal Information to a Designated Individual (IMM5475).
  • You require urgent processing of your renewal/replacement Permanent Resident card. To be eligible for urgent processing, you must provide:
    • Proof of travel (itinerary or ticket) that shows your full name, destination, and travel dates.
    • Proof of payment for the travel that shows the date you paid, the full amount you paid, and how you paid.
    • A letter explaining the reason for the urgency.
    • Proof of the urgency (e.g., a doctor’s note, death certificate, or letter from your employer).
Designated Learning Institutions (DLI)

To apply for a study permit, you need an acceptance letter from a designated learning institution. A designated learning institution is a school approved by a provincial or territorial government to host international students.

All primary and secondary schools in Canada are designated learning institutions.

Find a Panel Physician

Find a doctor you may visit in your country, territory, or region for your immigration medical exam. Only Panel Physicians approved by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada can do this exam.

Address Notification (change address in a submitted application)

This on-line service allows Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) clients to submit an address notification or change of address on-line, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. When you change your address using this service, it will take 5 business days for it to be updated. During this time, you should continue to monitor your current contact information.

You may use this on-line service if you were advised to provide your address to IRCC within 180 days of your admission to Canada in order to receive a Permanent Resident (PR) Card 

Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC)Canada

Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC) works to improve the standard of living and quality of life for all Canadians. You may use this site for various services and information delivered by ESDC. 

Contact Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)

Find out how to contact Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).